Romancelandia Holiday Fairies 2022Dec 10, 2022
A mutual aid effort for the Romancelandia community to support anyone in the community who could use help with purchasing gifts for themselves or loved ones this holiday season.
In Romancelandia Holiday Fairies’ first two years the Romancelandia community helped support over 100 wishlists and purchased hundreds of gifts.
Your gifts make a real difference. Here’s a message of gratitude from one wishlist recipient:
"I will be eternally grateful to you for what this opportunity grants me. It allows me the chance to gift to my children and use that money for groceries and necessities for the bathroom. I'm able to craft and give them some sense of normalcy. Santa will happen in our house because of you and others like you, who adopt families like mine that are isolated, weary, scared, and needed someone to shine a light for us. You gave me back hope and showed me that humans are still kind."
Here’s how you can join us:
- Be A Holiday Fairy: Buy gifts from available wishlists (optional: let me know which wishlists you supported so I can help coordinate the support of wishlists with less support)
- Request Gifts: Submit a Wishlist
- Spread the Word: Share this page with all the links and info with your community and friends - the short link is bit.ly/romancelandia
- Sign Up For Updates on Romancelandia Holiday Fairies
Buy: View Wishlists
Request: Submit a Wishlist
Spread the Word
Thanks for sharing! You can spread the word on social media, in your email newsletter, or other community forum using these graphics. Write your own message or use one of the ones I’ve provided here. Please send people to this webpage (since it has all the information and links). You can link here directly using the page URL or the bit.ly shortened link:
- full page URL: https://shelflovepodcast.com/blog-posts/romancelandia-holiday-fairies
- shortened link: bit.ly/romancelandia
Pre-written messages: feel free to customize these or write your own.
- Have you heard about the Romancelandia Holiday Fairies Gift Drive? It's a way to connect people in the romance community who need help with gifts this year with other community members who can buy a gift or two and make their holidays special. View or submit lists, learn more: http://bit.ly/romancelandia
- Romancelandia Holiday Fairies is a simple gift drive for the romance community.
1. Friends in need submit a wishlist link
2. Fairies swoop in to buy what they can & help out. Every gift makes a difference!
all the info & wishlists: http://bit.ly/romancelandia
Stay Informed: Sign Up for Updates
Why Amazon wishlists? I hate to support Amazon!
- Amazon wishlists are simply the easiest and most universal way to share wishlists without displaying personal information like addresses to the public. Wishlist recipients are also able to submit wishlists through another service called Things To Get Me, which does allow for hiding address information, however it requires an additional fee for the gift buyer and delays because the gift is shipped twice (from the retailer to Things To Get Me, then to the recipient). I’m not a huge fan of Amazon and its business practices either, but I also value privacy and I’m not going to let perfect be the enemy of good.
Alyssa Cole, Amanda Allen, Amanda Cinelli, Amanda Diehl, Andrea Martucci, Andrew Piper, Angela Toscano, Arielle Zibrak, Ash Dylan, Becky, Bree Hill, Candice Ransom, Carter Sherman, Charish Reid, Christina Fattore, Copper Dog Books, Dani Lacey, Danielle Knafo, Denise Williams, Diana Filar, Dr. Margo Hendricks, EE Ottoman, Emma Barry, Eric Selinger, Erin Leafe, Esme Brett, Fangirl Jeanne, Felicia Grossman, Funmi B., Hannah Hearts Romance, Helena Greer, Hsu Ming Teo, Huike Wen, Jack Harbon, Jayashree Kamble, Jennifer Crusie, Jess, Jessica Lyn Van Slooten, Jhen, Jodi McAlister, Jodie Slaughter, Joe Martucci, John Jacobson, Julie Moody-Freeman, Karelia Stetz-Waters, Kate Clayborn, Katee Robert, Katrina Jackson, Kelly Reynolds, Kennedy Ryan, Kianna Alexander, Kini Allen, Kit Rocha, Leigh Kramer, Lucy Hargrave, Lucy Score, Lynell, Margarita Guillory, Margo Hendricks, Maria DeBlassie, Megan Erickson, Mia Sosa, Nicola Welsh Burke, Nicole Falls, Norma Perez-Hernandez, Penny Reid, Philippa Borland, Rebecca Romney, Rebekah Weatherspoon, Reformed Rakes, Renee Dahlia, Rosie Danan, Ruby Lang, Sandra Kitt, Scarlett Peckham, Sionna Fox, Sri Savita, Steve Ammidown, Suzanne Jefferies, Talia Hibbert, Tamara Lush, Tasha L. Harrison, The Swoonies, Tif Marcelo, Tina Benigno, Whoa!mance, Whoamance, antagonist april, audience reception, book discussion, book recommendations, business of books, category romance, contemporary romance, crossover podcast, fairy tales, fanfiction, fangirl jeanne, film discussion, genre discussions, historical romance, joyful hag book club, joyful problematization, joyful problematizing, original scholarship, paranormal romance, pop culture in the classroom, problematic favorite trope, quarantine romance book club, queer romance, romance in pop culture, romance myths, romance novel discussion, romance novelist representations, romance scholarship, scholarly, scifi and fantasy romance, tell me about, tv show discussion, video available, young adult
antagonist april, audience reception, book discussion, book recommendations, business of books, category romance, contemporary romance, crossover podcast, fanfiction, film discussion, genre discussions, historical romance, joyful hag book club, joyful problematizing, original scholarship, pop culture in the classroom, problematic favorite trope, quarantine romance book club, queer romance, romance in pop culture, romance myths, romance novel discussion, romance novelist representations, romance scholarship, scholarly, scifi and fantasy romance, tell me about, tv show discussion, video available, young adult